I surely would like to believe that many of you are still following, and haven't lost interest in my blog. However, if it were the case that you perhaps have lost interest, I would entirely understand.
I have not blogged since January. Although I could waste some of your time explaining every reason that I have not been updating, I will not do such a thing. However, I do feel that I owe my very loyal readers a little explanation.
There are several reasons why I originally stopped writing and photographing my outfits for my blog:
1. My blog began to stress me out! What began as a stress-reliever and a creative expression for me had completely flip-flopped. I began to obsess over silly things like my body image, how often I was posting, online negativity, and the pressure to perform. I know this blog seems menial to some (I admit, I am not solving world hunger here), but for me it was important to live as a positive example for my some 30,000 followers I have spread all over the internet.. and it all began to become a little too much for me. My blog blew up too fast and I wasn't very good at handling it.
2. My life became extremely "boring" to me. 2013 was an amazing year. I traveled around the world, worked for Seventeen Magazine, was published in said magazine, worked with amazing brands like Nasty Gal and Asos, lived in NYC and Paris, and so on and so forth. Let's just say that 2014 fizzled. Hard. I worked hard to finish my 4 year degree, and prayed that I would acquire my dream job. This did not happen as I planned, and still has not happened. I'm living in Ohio right now, and I'm incredibly bored and uninspired.
3. I felt like I was becoming manufactured. Let me explain. I picked up the blogging game when it was fairly new, I was one of the original Lookbook "front-pagers." I was really proud of this ... but then I felt like it began to ruin the essence of who I was a person, and what my blog was all about. I am a real person, with real struggles, and real hopes and dreams. However, I began to take on the persona of the internet... worrying about how many instagram likes my new photo would have, or how in the world I was going to make some of my sponsored clothing look good... because in reality I actually hated it. What was once an expression of creativity and individuality became all about popularity, and I couldn't stand to admit that to myself.
4. My style has changed. Living in Paris taught me the essence of black.. simplicity..chicness. I now kind of dislike jumping on every trend, and I prefer beautiful basics and the essence of a well-constructed garment. Let's be honest, this isn't the most exciting to show off and photograph. I'm no Chiara Ferragni.
5. Personal issues.. and well.. everyone goes through these. But they are best left private and personal. You can take my word for it.
If you are still reading this, thanks, I appreciate it... if you're not then, well, you're not but I understand. Many times throughout the year I said I was going to pick up the blog again, but then I would get too nervous, too anxious, etc, and I would "chicken - out" . My job searching had become my life, and I was beginning to feel like I was going to be forced to take some sterile job and I would never be able to be creative again. Never show off my talents again. Never do what I love again.
Then it hit me. Why in the world was I self-loathing to the point that I felt like I had nothing in front of me that I enjoyed. I do have something that I worked SO hard on right in front of me.. and I can go back to a time when I really, truly, honestly enjoyed this blog.
Thank you to everyone who wrote me emails, asked when I was going to start this up again... You all kept reminding me how much fun it was to inspire others, even over something as unsubstantial as your wardrobe.
To keep a long story short, here's to a new year of blogging. I hope you all will stick around and see what's new, and will continue on this journey with me. Who knows where I'll be in a month... 6 months... I have no idea. But what I do know is that doing what I love has been missing from my life for entirely too long, and I can't wait to get started again.
I hope you all like what I bring to my blog this time around... I'm sure some of you won't, and that's ok! It's not about popularity, but it is about creativity and personal expression (and you guys rule so I know I won't have any "haters" regardless.)
MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE
Oh yeah, and the good news, I'm updating with new photos tomorrow. Then I have three more sets edited and ready to go after that. I won't flake again.. I promise.