Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bringing Back the Flare




So I've been seeing peeks of the flare jean coming back here & there lately.. and I'm actually pretty happy about it! I'm getting a little sick of allowing skinnies to be my only option (not that I don't cherish them). These Current/ Elliot light blue bell bottoms are my absolute favorite pair of pants..ever. I love the way I look in them, I feel beautiful (who knew just a jean could do that?) They are the perfect light wash, SO soft, and fit like a glove.. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about when I say when you've found the perfect jean, you're in love.

I decided to just build the simple casual aesthetic around my jean.. Just keeping it carefree with a giant striped knit crochet sweater and a sparkly necklace and big hat. In my mind, it's the perfect casual downtown outfit. How do you feel about mixing a little flare back into your wardrobe? Yay or nay? I want to hear your thoughts!! Otherwise, have a fabulous Sunday (:

Jeans: Current/ Elliot ("The low bell/ whiskey")
Sweater: Olive & Oak
Bag: Coach
Hat: BCBG
Necklace: BCBG


*On a side note.. I am in the running to win a sit down with Ford Models ... all you have to do is click HERE TO VOTE FOR ME! hehe. It seriously takes about half a second, if you have a facebook. The girl with the most votes wins semifinalist status (then they pick their winner).. so please please take a sec for me & tell your friends with facebooks too!! I Love you all so much !!

xoxo!!

24 comments:

  1. wow.. absolutely stunning. Those pants are PERFECT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen a more gorgeous pant! Plus the necklace is so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CUTIE <3 I have similar jeans like that - they're called the Farrah, from Adriano Goldschmied!

    High-Stitched Voice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear!! I have a couple pairs of bell bottoms and I've been living in them lately.. :)

      Delete
  4. Omg ! I totally love it! <33
    go on like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you look wonderful my dear!!!!!! Great look

    xoxo Iren
    Visit my blog:
    Living In A Kitten's World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iren!!! <3 I'll check out your blog!

      Delete
  6. gorgeous outfit! I love how casual it is yet so stylish aswell!

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! You are so chic.
    This outfit is great looks comfortable and very fashion forward.

    With love from San Francisco,
    http://la-di-deux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! That's such a nice compliment <3

      Delete
  8. absolutely love the entire look! I want it ! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous style, dear!!!!!!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!!!

    Just found you on Lookbook! No doubt following you since now!
    Would be glad to see you also in my blog one day!


    Una chica fashiontastica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'll happily check out your blog xox

      Delete
  10. awesome!

    www.adelajdainsp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling outfit. I really think you do 70's well. I read about a new book that might interest you..."Paris Street Style: A Guide to Effortless Chic." Amazon release date is next week..saw it here..
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03/03/a-new-guide-to-parisian-style.html?mbid=fabsugartrade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the suggestion! I love a great coffee table book.. I have a very similar one called "Parisian Chic" and it has definitely taught me all I know about great style... xoxo!

      Delete
  12. These jeans are so great on you. I'm getting a little bored of only skinnies as well. You've definitely inspired me to be brave enough to look for some flares, though! You wore it with the perfect sweater. I tried to vote for you, but it wouldn't let me. :( good luck!

    www.simplydaring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is just perfect, love everything ;)

    http://www.mymymode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. very beautiful outfit!) i love the necklace)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really, REALLY loving this. I think this is the first time I've seen flared jeans in an outfit and LIKED them! Well done! I'm inclined to draw inspiration from this now...

    ReplyDelete