Monday, April 8, 2013

Decades of Inspiration





Hello ladies & gentlemen! When I get bored with my closet or feel a lack of inspiration for a new great look.. I always center my spirit and aura around a fabulous vintage piece.  There is so much history and beauty awakened from them!

I was lucky enough to receive this absolutely stunning vintage feather cap from my boyfriend's parents for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. They believe it is from the early 1920's. It is absolutely one of the greatest gifts I have ever received! I decided to pair it with a super fun 90's inspired MinkPink frock and a shawl from F21 that I believe was intended to be worn as lingerie of some sort. However, its super flowy and looks fabulous paired with such a whimsical dress.

I paired it with some usual go-to accessories, long necklace, fringe bag, and some ripped tights and my spike lita's. Overall it is a really interesting look mixed of many generational influences.. which I really adore. Sometimes you just have to be a little courageous and open minded with your wardrobe.. don't stick to one decade.

Dress: MINKPINK (Get it here!)
Shawl: F21
Hat: Vintage
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
Bag: Target

XOXO
Olivia

Ps: I get a lot of really sparsely related questions throughout the week (in regards to everything from my haircut to my camera, etc etc...) Would you all be interested in an FAQ post? Let me know ! (:


18 comments:

  1. gorgeous look I love the layers and the hat is beautiful ! Truly cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty as always liv

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome dress babe !!! :)
    xo

    http://franchemeetsfashion.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cap! looks great with your hair:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you can make ripped tights look cute! And an FAQ post would be fabulous, it'd be fun to get to know you a bit more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Abigail! I will go ahead and write one up then (: XO

      Delete
  6. i'm constantly obsessed with your hair - it's so light, wavy, and perf!

    pandaphilia fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit so much! the smock dress is perfect and the hat is amazing.
    tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ripped tights make the outfit look so much cooler! That dress is just fabulous, and so is the hat. An FAQ post would be awesome. I'd love to get to know more about you as a person!

    www.simplydaring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is amazing! Love the whole outfit!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfits just keep getting better :) I love the combination of yellow and black, cuteness and edgyness. Amazing :)

    Http://zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look! Such a great style here- eclectic and fun. Great colors on you too! Rock it! :)

    XO! Courtney

    http://www.cupcakeobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous outfit i love that dress! the print is so pretty :)

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete