Thursday, April 11, 2013


Hey All! I had a pretty good response from my readers saying that they would appreciate a little FAQ segment, or that they would like to get to know me as a person a little bit better. So I put together some commonly emailed questions, and just little tid bits about me! Hope you enjoy this silly little post (:


What does your blog name mean? How did you come up with it?
: La Voyageuse roughly translates to "the traveler" in French. I speak French and travel quite frequently, and it sounds very pretty when pronounced. Overall, I hope to start documenting my travels as I wean myself away from school.. more looking into the future!

Where are you from?
:I am from Ohio, a state in Northeast United States where there are a lot of cows, crops, and a couple of major cities like Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati.

What are your hobbies?
: I have always been an avid reader and writer. I enjoy exploring new places and cultures. I love to horseback ride, and love animals. I also love city life and enjoy shopping, foodie activities, and just being with friends. I've always been a painter and enjoy creating art in my spare time. I am rather "normal" in this respect!

How did you get to work with Seventeen Magazine?
: I was very lucky to be contacted by them last fall, and was asked to be on their Style Council for this year! It has been an absolutely wonderful experience so far, and they truly have the kindest and most down-to-earth people working there.

How do you get your hair in perfect waves?
: My hairstyle kind of took me quite a while to perfect! I basically use a 1- inch barrel curler (I recommend Hot Tools) and wrap medium sized pieces around the barrel in different directions (that is the real trick). Don't use the clamp! I use a little bit of texturizing product and shine spray, and that's about it!

If I want to start a blog, what is your advice?
:If you think you will be very committed and passionate about being a blogger, I would say go for it! It is important to realize that becoming a successful blogger takes a lot of time and patience. Gaining followers is (usually) not an overnight process. Be real and honest in your posts, don't hide behind facades or fancy brands.. readers care more about a unique sense of styling than expensive clothing that looks thrown together. Also, be kind, be patient, avoid vulgarity, and just be yourself and everything will work out!

What kind of Camera do you use, who takes your pictures?
: I use a Canon EOS 60D with a 50 mm f1.8 lens. My boyfriend photographs me, he is very talented!

How do you stay so thin?
: Sadly, I receive this question more frequently than any other question. I am just naturally of small stature.. I am about 5 feet 6 inches and around 103 lbs. I am very tiny.. but I eat a lot! I drink a lot of water, and I enjoy being outdoors. I have no secrets really.. I was just born this way and will always encourage girls to embrace their natural body type. I have insecurities just like every other girl and have had to overcome them too! I actually didn't even want to start a blog in the first place because I was uncomfortable with my body.. but once you learn to accept and love what you have, everything else becomes a lot easier, and your life becomes a lot happier!

Favorite Color/ Food/ Etc!
: I love the colors blue and orange.. shades of those colors make me very happy. My favorite food is definitely anything potato- french fries, home fries, baked potato, mashed potato, pierogies.. you name it, If it's got potato in it I will eat it! I also love southern food like mac & cheese, fried chicken.. mm! My favorite drinks are coffee and Iced Black Tea! I love espresso!

What's your sign?
: I am a Pisces. Through and through. Every little detail fits my persona and I completely embrace it.

What do you want to do when you are out of school?
: I definitely want to work in the fashion industry, hopefully at a place where I can help inspire young girls to be themselves. I am not interested in the hoighty-toighty side of fashion. I love designers, I love runway, I love models.. I enjoy watching and keeping up with them all very thoroughly, but I am not interested in working in them.. at least not at the beginning!

Where do you shop/like to shop?
: I love to shop all places really. I have recently gotten away from shopping at place like Forever 21 and H&M because the quality is rather poor. I also work at Nordstrom, which is an upscale department store very similar to Galleries or Saks Bloomingdales etc, so I also enjoy shopping there. I love vintage clothing and could spend endless days combing thrift store racks. Not to mention I love the favorites like Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Zara, etc. I enjoy shopping online at Nasty Gal and Tobi too!

Do people make fun of what you wear?
: Directly, almost never. However, I occassionaly hear snide remarks, see girls snickering. It's always girls, boys don't really mind what you wear. I have just learned to not care about what others think or say. You will be much better off that way.

Why do you love France so much?
: I first traveled to France when I was 13 years old, and have been there 3 subsequent times. I love absolutely everything about France. Culture, Language, Scenery, People, Food..everything. 

What are you going to be doing this summer?
:Hopefully moving to NYC then moving to Paris in the fall!!

What motivates you to blog?
: My amazing readers and their kindness. The fact that they are inspired by my outfits and express genuine appreciation (: I love them!



Ok so.. I know its a rather random assortment of questions but these are ones that I am frequently asked! Now is the time, that if you have any others, ask my in my 'comments' section! Thanks lovelies, have a wonderful day and I'll bring you a new outfit post tomorrow!!

XOXO

18 comments:

  1. cool! thanks for posting this (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're an interesting individual! thanks for being real and sharing your hair secrets!

    pandaphilia fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! And you are very welcome (: xo!

      Delete
  3. I've been stalking your blog ever since Seventeen introduced me to you and have secretly been obsessing over your style girl! (Wow, I sound like a creeper now, don't I? Haha). But its always refreshing to see more background information on a blogger, and this was great. I'm sorry people have had to comment on your size more than anything. I think you're beautiful, and its so true what you said - we have to learn to accept our body frame!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda ! So great to hear you love my style.. it's humbling to hear everyone's compliments and reassurance (: Best to you dear!

      Delete
  4. Great post Olivia! I wish you all the best! You are so lucky to have such a naturally gorgeous figure! I'm somewhat older than you, but I have yet to embrace my imperfections, one day I guess ;-) xxx

    www.couronnedefleurs.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will! The moment will strike you, I promise. Always try to love yourself.. even though at times it is difficult <3

      Delete
  5. I love reading these Faq posts and reading yours just made me adore your blog even more! It's always so good to know the person behind the blog xo I also wanted to mention that I'm so glad you have overcome your insecurities because you look SO SO SO beautiful and you inspire many many girls :) Keep on going!

    Much love to you,

    Http://zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetheart, that means the world to me <3

      Delete
  6. Oh I love learning about the bloggers behind the blog! Thanks for posting this! But isn't Ohio in the Northeast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you for catching that.. Not see what I was thinking when I wrote that :P

      Delete
  7. Yay, this was so fun to read - thanks for posting it! I completely agree on the potato front - if anything has potatoes in it, sign me up! Hah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey when are u gonna pick the winner for ur giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm announcing the winner when I post my next outfit- either tonight or tomorrow morning !

      Delete
  9. It was awesome getting to learn more about you! On typical blog posts you just see the fashion side of you. I'm trying to get my readers to know me better too. I don't want to seem like a shallow, fashion obsessed girl when I'm more than that. What are you planning to do in NYC? It's my favorite place in the world and where I dream of going to college!

    www.simplydaring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have an interview for a fashion internship! So I will just be in the city for the day (: Hopefully we can still accomplish a little shopping haha!

      Delete
  10. I found you on LOOKBOOK.nu and I just had to click on more pics to see your great style! Thanks for posting some facts about you! I get inspired by bloggers that are not only honest in their individuality, but in their writing.
    I don't mean to pry, but considering that my major is also International Business, I live in the U.S. and I'm thinking of working in the Fashion Industry, what are your career plans in International Business? And do you have any tips or advice for someone who wants to get a Fashion Internship?
    Thank you,
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete