Saturday, December 29, 2012

Textures and Detail







Have any of you guys gotten into the faux fur trend this winter? I really adore it. Most of it is becoming so plush and soft there would never be any reason to wear real fur (thankfully !) I actually found this vest at Forever which really surprised me because it feels luxurious and expensive.. I love when I make good finds there. Although it is VERY hit or miss for me.

And as most of you know I am truly obsessed with a neutral palette. Cream and gold just feel so lovely in the wintertime.. a little more effortless than all white, yet still playing off a similar cold weather vibe. I like to play with textures and details more than colors.. I just prefer it and find it to be less... obnoxious? For lack of a better term. However, I am so not used to seeing myself in HD with my new camera.. pardon my learning curve while I try to master these new lenses..!

I am in Chicago for a few days and then I will be going on a ski trip up north for New Year's Eve!! I can't wait. I am somewhat of a disaster on skis so everyone say a small prayer for me..

What are you all doing for NYE? Anything exciting?!

xoxo!!

Faux Fur Vest: Forever 21
Gold Charmeuse Skirt: American Apparel
Dress (Worn as Top): Anthropologie
Bag: Akira
Boots: Jeffrey Campbell 



14 comments:

  1. this is my favorite one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I'm going to follow your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the ivory..so effortless as you said and so beautiful Love me some faux fur..I have about 5!
    Best from NY
    Sheree xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome sexy look. Love the tights.
    http://www.handbagmadness.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and outfit! I'm loving the trend too... I'm still searching for the perfect vest though. Have a great New Years!:)

    www.simplydaring.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I own that same soft white vest from Forever 21 and I think it was a bragain for the price. Nice way of working it!

    www.ninkybink.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I abѕolutely loνe your blοg.. Great coloгs
    & theme. Did you build this website уourself?

    Pleaѕe reрlу back as I'm attempting to create my own personal blog and would like to find out where you got this from or just what the theme is called. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice article, exactly what I was looking for.


    Review my web-site logical reasoning

    ReplyDelete